Notable Individuals

Mark Tobey (1890-1976),

famous artist, dedicated and devout Baha'i, was gay. His life and work were commemorated.. More

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Gay Baha'i community

Allah'u'Abha! Dear friends

I strongly suggest that gay Baha'is could communicate with each other (friendship, pen-pal, etc) through some confidential channels/social networks. What do you guys think?
January 24, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterTom
Tom ,

Thanks for your posting , LGBT Baha'is do in fact confidentially communicate with each other on social networking sites such as Facebook. Are you LGBT ?
January 26, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterModerator
need gaybahai.net -- or a site run by a friend of the Bahais - to be expanded to include prayers and social meeting points.
January 28, 2015 | Unregistered Commentersweetie
Sweetie it's not in our sphere here to run social gatherings and devotionals , individual Baha'is can do that on their own.
January 29, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterModerator
Tom's suggestion is a good reminder that many Baha'is are not aware that gay Baha'is have indeed formed confidential channels/social networks. It's a shame that it is necessary to encourage gay Baha'is to stay beneath the radar. There can be problems though when Baha'is form new groups and other Baha'is perceive this as going against the Faith. But, yes, reaching out to others is a good thing.
February 2, 2015 | Unregistered Commenteranon
Thanks!
I believed it would be better to talk with someone in a similar situation (through e.g. private, personal, confidential chat etc.).

As a LGBT, I have been hiding "behind the closet" for ages. Inasmuch as the service going so well in my local community, it's almost impossible to "share" my other "side" with someone around.
February 3, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterTom
Tom please email me at montsicilia@yahoo.com
February 12, 2015 | Registered Commentermoderator
Tom (or anyone else),
If you live in midwest or just want to talk to and get to know another Baha'i in the same boat feel free to email me.
cytochrome500@yahoo.com

Looking forward to hearing from you.
April 11, 2015 | Unregistered CommenterK