Notable Individuals

Mark Tobey (1890-1976),

famous artist, dedicated and devout Baha'i, was gay. His life and work were commemorated.. More

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Problem with story¬†submissions

There is a temporary problem with story submissions - my apology to the author of the most recently submitted story - I hope to get this fixed soon. Thanks.
December 7, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
As it turns out, the problem was me, and a miscommunication with my "Web Wizard." Three new stories have been posted as of today. I apologize to the authors for the delay.

Barb
January 5, 2015 | Registered Commentermoderator
loved the new stories and in particular Gayle's story. Is there a reason for turning off the comments for the stories? Perhaps you could make future stories with the option so that the contributor can choose to have comments or not underneath the story?
January 6, 2015 | Unregistered Commentersonja
Thanks for your comment, Sonja. It was my decision originally to leave comments turned off on the story section, because I wanted the stories to stand on their own merits, all with equal opportunity to be heard without prejudice, with no partiality at all shown in the way of comments in the story section itself. Comments can be both supportive and destructive, as you know. This discussion section is a place where people can respond to an individual author or story if they wish to. I may have been wrong in this decision, and I would consider changing it. I will consult Sean and see what he thinks, since he is a partner now in the website, and he does most of the work. I can check to see if there is a way to fine-tune so that the author can individually make a choice for "comments" or "no comments." That would be ideal, perhaps, and a subject for my "web wizard" to address.

Barb
January 6, 2015 | Registered Commentermoderator