Notable Individuals

Mark Tobey (1890-1976),

famous artist, dedicated and devout Baha'i, was gay. His life and work were commemorated.. More

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Links updated

In our ongoing effort to keep this page a relevant resource , the link page has been updated. All dead links have been refreshed , new links for LGBT Baha'i international stories and activities, and even some links for sites that may not be LGBT affirmative , but a useful resource none the less. If anyone has LGBT Baha'i links notrepresented , let us know.
July 26, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSean
Religious Gays links updated. We added LGBT affirmative religious sites and groups for Muslims, Protestants , Catholics , Mormons , Buddhists , Jews, and Sikhs. We still need LGBT affirmative sites or groups for Hindus , Zoroastrians, Wiccans , and Native American Spirituality. Any suggestions let us know.
July 31, 2014 | Registered Commentermoderator
Currently at the ABS conference for N. America. Wondering if there are any LGBTQ Bahai's here???
August 9, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterShari
Shari,

I doubt there are any open LGBT Baha'is there, but there are quite a few of us online. Are you on FB?
August 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSean
hi Shari,
Were there any talks given at the ABS that related to LGBT issues? Just curious.
August 10, 2014 | Unregistered Commentersonja
Hi Sean:
Wondering what you mean by "open"?
And yes, I am on fb.
August 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterShari
Hi Sonja:

Not a single anything on the "issue"!
Though, probably not surprising to any of us, the words "unity" and "diversity" were used in nearly every single sentence and every single session I attended!
August 10, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterShari
Shari,

I always assume there are LGBT Baha'is at any given Baha'i gathering , but openly LGBT is another story. Many LGBT Baha'is fear being openly LGBT or pro LGBT due to shunning , judgement, or sanctions.

-Sean
August 14, 2014 | Registered Commentermoderator