Notable Individuals

Mark Tobey (1890-1976),

famous artist, dedicated and devout Baha'i, was gay. His life and work were commemorated.. More

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Transfer of Website

This website is in the process of being transferred to a new owner, someone I trust and who will take very good care of it. This should ensure that the website will be around for many more years than it might be if I were continuing as owner, since I am now officially into the "elderly" category. While this process of transfer is being completed, there may be brief times when the website is inaccessible - so do not worry if that happens, this is a temporary glitch and will resolve soon, within several days at the most. I will leave it to the new owner's discretion whether to reveal his/her identity here.
December 3, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
Dear Barbara –

I cannot possibly put into words the feelings of love and gratitude I have for what you have created here. I remember when you invited me in, and early on I expressed my frustration as so few people had added anything, and you chided me to be patient!

Now, after we see the many, many people who have shared their stories here… I am awestruck, indeed honored to have played even a modest act here. Thank you!

Creating this space, that allows so many of us to unleash the pain, the damage, the hurt, the confusion that this religion has done to so many, has allowed for healing in me that is in describable. Thank you, so very, very much for unleashing this choice wine.

Sending you lots of love, light and many, many, many hugs from Brasil!

Daniel Orey
December 3, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterDaniel Orey
Thanks much for your very kind words, Daniel - hugs from Missouri.
December 4, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
A big thank you from Montana too. Enjoy your retirement days ! I look forward to staying in touch.
December 4, 2013 | Unregistered CommenterMAS
I thank you deeply for this project you've started. I pray it continues to be a site of growth, love, and consciousness for all who come across it.
February 5, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterAnonymous
Barb,

Your site has been the benchmark for the LGBT Baha'i community , thanks for all your love and support!
February 8, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterSean
Thanks again, everyone...I believe there will "soon" be a post from the new manager of the website. This site has been a greater success than I ever could have hoped, thanks to all who have visited, and sent stories, and posted comments. Thanks to all for your support.
March 1, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
Dear Friends,

I apologize for taking so long to stop in to say hello. My name is Erin Rook and I am honored to have been entrusted with the care of the Gay/Lesbian Bahá'í Story Project. This site is a true gift and I am grateful for Barb's creation and steadfast stewardship of it. As I transition into this role, I invite you all to offer your feedback here and/or via email. There is incredible power in sharing our stories, whether or not we can put our names to them. I will post a longer introduction soon, but wanted to stick my head up and let you all know that I am here and look forward to taking an active role in the site moving forward. In the meantime, you can learn more about me by visiting my website, where I have shared some of my stories re: faith, sexuality, and identity: www.erinrook.com.

Happy Naw-Ruz!
Erin
March 20, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterErin
Thank you so much for this post, Erin - I look forward very much to seeing what you add in this new chapter of the GLBT Story Project. Best of luck to you as you take the reins and lead us all in a new direction.
March 22, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
I am looking forward to following future discussions. I think it is so important that these conversations are accessible to everyone. The different Facebook groups have been inspiring for LGBTQ Bahais and their friends but, this web site has a more permanent significance as humanity continues to mature and evolve. Thanks to Barb for creating this site and to Erin for taking on the responsibility to keep it going.
March 29, 2014 | Unregistered Commentermaureen sullivan
Thanks, Barb, for bringing this wonderful space into being and nurturing it over many years. I am glad to know that it will continue into the future with Erin at the helm. Erin, please let us know if there is anything we who follow this site closely can do to assist! Love to all . . . Dan Ware
March 29, 2014 | Unregistered CommenterDan Ware