Notable Individuals

Mark Tobey (1890-1976),

famous artist, dedicated and devout Baha'i, was gay. His life and work were commemorated.. More

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Bahai World Center┬áVisiting

Someone from the Baha'i World Center has checked in here from time to time, for quite a while. Today, however, they are showing increased interest, looking all over the website, at both stories and discussion. I don't know if this is significant, but just thought I'd mention it.
August 13, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterBarb
Well Barb I welcome our Brothers and Sisters at the World Center visiting any day. We love Baha'u'llah and his Faith, and there should never be doubt about that. This is a delicate issue that at the very least a "middle ground" can be found. I have no doubt in my mind that the Administrative Order can not find a way to welcome LGBT people into the Faith just as other Faith groups have who also have "laws and codes" that do not favor same-sex attraction/relationships. The bounty of fully accepting LGBT people into the Faith will make the Faith a true garden of diversity. As I have said before we are waiting on the sidelines for a change...
August 15, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterSean
that is exciting! as Sean said a middle ground could be easily found. Accepting LGBT into the faith would show how accepting the Baha'i faith is and how ready the world is to become united, accepting all diversity
August 16, 2012 | Unregistered CommenterJared